I just can't emphasize enough, however, the importance of striving to achieve something that you really want. And people seem to undermine and discount the importance of knowledge in getting there, but without any modicum of knowledge, those same people would be doing no better than living with their parents their entire life. Brawn, style, etc., last only temporarily, of course. You have to know what you're doing to get someone, even when you're espousing the traditional paths. And I feel like I'm conflicting myself sometimes when I made this video. I'm not a fan of just following traditional expectations. But if you're going to trailblaze, you better have some special knowledge over other people. You better be witty. You better have something besides luck to save your hide when the odds don't fall on your side. You can reach for your dreams, whether than be college, a comfortable job, or a creative pursuit, but you won't get close without some adequate and special knowledge.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
The Power of Dreams
So, I just finished up my latest video for Mass Communications, the class which is the reason why I'm writing this blog. We made short films for a video contest held by the U.S. Dept. of Education on YouTube, called "I Am What I Learn." I kind of got the sense that it was asking for inspirational stories. It asked "Create a video about why education is important to fulfilling your dreams and the steps you will take to make your dream a reality." Well, now that I look that back over I don't feel too creative for only coming up with "The Power of Dreams", but I tried to connect with the theme, and it was I came up with. What I recorded and put together has a bit of me and a bit of soul in it as usual, because I had to really put myself into the video. When I urge viewers to "reach for their dreams", and state that "knowledge will get you there", I do truly believe that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment