Monday, October 26, 2009

Narcotics and the Like...

OK, I'm sick of all the shit that people deep in their illicit crutches spit out about alcohol and drugs, narcotics, cigarettes, etc.

Sorry.

Not that any of this directly affects me, but it is so deep into popular media that it is like a soaked, sopping sponge reeking of gasoline. I really don't care about hearing how you solve your problems with a pill, drinking until you get drunk, driving around smoking with the windows up, puffing on your confiscated illegal substances while you rant on the world, etc. Popular media is everywhere, and the people that lap it up are easily affected and rather impressionable. Of course, someone is going to argue that all you have to do is "just say no". I'm not arguing against the physical actions per sé: i.e. drug dealer showing up in the bathroom and doing secret transactions in front of the stall, etc. Rather what I want to shut down is the mental tirade that a rather vocal minority is spewing out; but the fact remains that most people have no desire to hear about these people's disgusting habits. It may be edgy and entertaining, but it gets tiresome quickly. So sorry - but much as rampant profanity is ineffective and tasteless, artists should lay off the substances. For every two people that like their weed, etc., I bet I can find you six that will shut you down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment